Gary J. Fox's practice is concentrated in all areas of commercial real estate finance, leasing, development, acquisition and investment. Financing transactions handled by Mr. Fox include loan securitizations, multi-lender facilities, construction lending, interest rate protection products, securitized lending, participating loans, credit enhanced bond transactions and multi-state portfolio financings, including large portfolios of assisted living facilities and self-storage projects.
Mr. Fox also has represented developers, REITs and institutional investors in all aspects of the development, leasing, acquisition and investment in a variety of real estate projects across the country, including regional malls, multifamily residential projects, office buildings, hotels and timeshare developments. In addition, Mr. Fox has represented developers, private equity investors, and institutional investors in joint venture, limited liability company and other entity formations. He also has represented sports teams and facility operators in connection with stadium development and leasing. Mr. Fox has been listed in Illinois Super Lawyers
Recent transactions in which Mr. Fox has participated include the following:
- Assisting a real estate investment trust in liquidating a portfolio of mezzanine and second mortgage loans including loan sales to sponsors and third-party investors;
- Formation of, and structuring capitalization of, an investment vehicle to develop a hotel and residential project in Costa Rica;
- Representing financing sources for providing senior and mezzanine financing for large land development projects in the Dallas metropolitan area;
- Originating and restructuring mezzanine financing for the conversion of a downtown Dallas office property to residential use involving historic tax credits and tax increment financing;
- Structuring equity investment in loan originator and purchase of CMBS trust certificates;
- Representing a private equity sponsor in multiple sale-leaseback transactions of industrial facilities;
- Representing a trading firm in connection with the lease of a 200,000 square foot office and trading floor facility; and
- Representing an investment bank affiliate in structuring loans secured by both securities accounts and real estate assets.
Mr. Fox attended Roosevelt University, where he earned a BA in journalism, with high honors, and received his JD from DePaul University, with honors.