Benjamin S. Crocker Symposium 2011
Presented by the Real Property Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Richard S. Ziman Center for Real Estate at UCLA
Speaking Engagement, Sponsorship
October 4, 2011
900 West Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, California
Partner Benzion J. Westreich will moderate a panel discussion on "The “Deal Maker” Panel – Current Real Estate Investment Realities (Debt and Equity)" on October 4 during the 2011 Benjamin S. Crocker Symposium. Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP's Real Estate Practice is a sponsor.
The discussion will include impacts on debt and equity real estate investment decision-making resulting from global market events, foreign and domestic governmental actions/inactions and policies and the evolving needs of the private sector (with a particular focus on the last). Some questions to be addressed:
- What effects did the decision on the "Debt Crisis" have on interest rates and inflation expectations and strategic planning?
- What has happened to the "equity" on the sidelines?
- How easy or difficult is it to raise fund money?
- Do we have a window on how debt will be structured (construction and short/long term)?
- What returns are being sought on debt and equity and is there any room left for mezzanine debt?
- What is happening/will happen for residential/multi-family development on the one hand, and hotel, retail and office investment on the other?
For more information, click here