Qualifications and Career Profile
Ariel M. Dybner concentrates his practice in the area of real estate finance, including construction finance, acquisition finance, workouts, note sales, airport finance, real estate aspects of municipal finance transactions, New Markets Tax Credit financing, Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit financing and SBA 504 financing.
Mr. Dybner has represented banks, insurance companies and finance companies in connection with billions of dollars in financings and workouts. He has represented landowners, developers and equity investors in developments throughout the United States and the Caribbean. In addition, he has represented Fortune 500 companies in leases of office space. Mr. Dybner also has significant experience in the real estate aspects of merger and acquisition transactions.
Representative engagements include the following:
Education and Bar Admissions
- Represented lender in financing construction of the tallest residential condominium in the United States.
- Advised lender in billions of dollars in condominium construction loans in New York, Florida, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
- Counseled clients in public offerings for the construction of a new commercial airport terminal in Texas and FBO terminal acquisitions throughout the Southeast.
- Advised clients on the purchase of junior notes secured by hotels throughout the United States.
- Represented investment bank on Rule 144A construction financing project for resort/golf/hotel project in the Dominican Republic.
- Counseled municipal authority in connection with the construction of an office tower over the busiest bus terminal in the United States.
- Advised Fortune 500 client on the lease for its new headquarters in Connecticut.
- Represented lending clients in over $100 million in Shari'ah-compliant loans for condominium transactions in Massachusetts and New York.
- Counseled Fortune Global 100 company on real estate aspects of the acquisition of a large baby products company and the disposition of US headquarters building in New York.
- Advised client in $250 million construction loan, workout, restructuring and successful payoff for 50-story residential condominium building in New York.
- Represented clients in public finance transactions for financing improvements to solar power company headquarters building in California and power plants in Arizona and New Mexico.
Mr. Dybner graduated from Amherst College with a BA in political science and holds an MS in foreign service from Georgetown University, where he received the Dean's Award for Academic Excellence. Mr. Dybner earned his JD from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and served as articles editor for Columbia Business Law Review
Mr. Dybner is fluent in Spanish and is admitted to practice in New York.