Allison Yacker represents domestic and offshore hedge funds (including fund-of-funds), private equity funds, commodity pools, investment managers, managed account platforms, banks and broker-dealers on a broad range of corporate, securities, finance and other regulatory matters. She provides structuring, organization and ongoing advice related to hedge funds and private equity funds that employ a broad range of investment strategies, and regularly counsels investment managers with respect to state and federal registration issues and preparation of compliance policies and procedures manuals. In addition, Ms. Yacker advises funds and managers in connection with seeding arrangements.
Ms. Yacker has extensive experience advising dealers and end user clients with respect to structured products and financing arrangements including derivatives, cross-border financing, asset-based lending, alternative investment strategies (including premium finance and life settlement), hedge fund lending, subscription finance and other financial products. She has represented banks, broker-dealers and onshore and offshore hedge funds (including fund-of-funds) in structuring, documenting and negotiating various forms of financing and derivatives products (including repurchase agreements, securities lending agreements, equity and fund-linked swaps and options). She has also represented clients in connection with collateralized fund obligations and life settlement securitizations.
Ms. Yacker has significant experience with prime brokerage agreements (including the use of enhanced leverage platforms), over-the-counter derivatives, futures and options agreements and global netting and cross-product netting arrangements. In connection with these products, she provides regulatory and structuring advice with an emphasis on counterparty risk mitigation.
Ms. Yacker also provides advice with respect to executive employment matters and employment matters for hedge fund professionals.
From 2003 to 2004, Ms. Yacker was seconded to a large international financial institution, where she drafted and negotiated various ISDA- and OTC-related documents with a variety of interdealer and end user counterparties.
Ms. Yacker is a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Forum, as well as the following organizations: the New York State Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association, the New York City Bar Committee on Futures and Derivatives Regulation, 100 Women in Hedge Funds and the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable.
Ms. Yacker received her BA, magna cum laude
, from the University of Pennsylvania and her JD from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. She is admitted to practice in New York.
Speeches and Publications
- Speaker, “End Users and Swaps Under Dodd-Frank,” Katten Seminar (April 2013)
- Speaker, "Hedge Funds, Making the Law Work for You," The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (November 2012)
- Speaker, “Short-Term Investments and Short-Term Financing for Insurance Companies,” American College of Investment Counsel (ACIC) 2012 Annual Meeting and Education Conference (October 2012)
- Speaker, "Swap Regulation After October 12—A Practical Guide," Katten Seminar (September 2012)
- Speaker, "Dodd-Frank Derivatives Update: The Implementation Challenge," Katten Seminar (June 2011)
- Speaker, “Do You Need to Register as a US Investment Advisor? A Practical Guide to Navigating the US Regulatory Regime,” Katten UK Seminar (February 2011)
- Co-author, “Effective and Efficient Collateral Management Strategies: A Renewed Focus,” Derivatives Week (November 2009)
- Co-author, “The Role of Jurisdiction in Risk Analysis,” The Hedge Fund Journal (September 2009)